I’ve been on a lemon kick lately. And it’s not just a dessert thing; I have been going heavy on the lemon in savory dishes too. There’s something about the tartness that I just adore, particularly as the weather warms up.
Energy balls are a staple in our house, and this recipe offers a delicious balance of sweet and tart in a single bite. If you’re a lemon lover like me, these little balls of goodness will disappear quickly and you’ll find yourself back at the supermarket lugging home yet another bag of beautiful, bold citrus.
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup mini white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Measure out all of the ingredients.
- Add the oats and coconut to a blender or food processor container. Blend/ process until smooth and powdery.
- Add the oat and coconut mixture a medium mixing bowl, along with the white chocolate chips. Stir with a spatula until well-combined.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt to the dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly until all the ingredients are distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pinch off pieces of the mixture and roll into balls roughly 2cm/ ¾ inch in diameter. Store in the fridge or freezer until serving.
Makes 18-20 energy bites.