- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup good quality dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup all-natural smooth peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp real vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Place the shredded coconut in a small pan. Turn the stove onto low heat, and toast the coconut until golden brown.
- Add the toasted coconut, oats, and flaxseed meal to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dark chocolate chips, and a pinch of salt to the mixing bowl, and stir to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the peanut butter, honey and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Using your fingers, work the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla into the dry ingredients until well-combined.
- Shape the ‘dough’ into truffle-size balls, approximately 1 inch (2.5cm) in diameter. Add extra honey (sparingly) if you need extra glue for the dry ingredients.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.
Makes approximately 20 energy bites.