The first wave of summer produce is here, and what better way to celebrate the arrival of the sun-filled months than with an equally vibrant recipe?! This Mexican-inspired recipe also doubles as a fast and fresh way to bring a little Cinco De Mayo fun to your kitchen table. Tequila, and mariachi music optional.
- 1 medium brown rice/ whole wheat tortilla
- ½ large mango or 1 small mango
- 1 small ear of fresh corn
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1-2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ lime
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp feta
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Cut the tortilla into quarters, and lay flat on the baking tray. Bake until crispy. Note: If your tortilla sections begin to curl, place another oven-safe dish on top of them to flatten.
- Take out a medium mixing bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes, and dice the chicken breast and mango. (If you haven’t seen it already, check out this genius way to peel a mango). Add all three ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Remove the corn kernels from the ear of corn, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems, and finely chop. Add the cilantro to the mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the corn salad, and add the cumin to the other salad ingredients. Season the salad with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Spread evenly over the baked tortilla sections.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of the salad mixture on top of the tortilla wedges. Sprinkle feta over each tortilla section.