I’ve always been a bit of a grazer. My transition from happy to ‘hangry’ happens rapidly, so I keep an arsenal of snacks on-hand to prevent the steep descent. Typically I eat 5 small meals a day, although it can be more or less depending on what the calendar looks like!
Below is one of my all-time favorite snacks. It’s outrageously delicious, and packed with protein and healthy fats for long-lasting energy. It’s also a source of probiotics for healthy digestion, calcium for bones and quercetin for cleaning up free-radical damage. The best bit is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make!
On a side note, I am proud to be using 100% real California dairy for this recipe as part of the Real California Milk/Recipe Redux contest. California is America's leading milk producer, with 99% of California dairies being family-owned. Look for one of the Real California seals below to find Real California dairy near you. Cheers to snacking local, and healthy!
**Please note that I am NOT being compensated for writing this post.
- ½ cup Real California plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 1 Graham cracker sheet (optional)
- Combine the Greek yogurt, peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon in a small bowl, and mix until smooth.
- Put the graham cracker sheet in a ziplock bag. Seal the bag and crush into crumbs with the heal of your hand.
- Slice the apple into 8(ish) wedges.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on top of the yogurt.
- Dunk your apple wedges into the peanut-butter yogurt mixture, and enjoy your creamy, crunchy healthy snack!