Bump-up your homemade pizza game with this nutrient-rich white Margherita pizza! The hummus-covered base is a fun and fresh alternative to traditional tomato sauce, and provides an extra helping of plant-based protein.
- 1 whole wheat naan (or 2 gluten-free wraps)
- ¼ cup hummus
- ½ large tomato (preferably heirloom)
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 4 basil leaves
- ¾ cup leafy greens (I like arugula)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil, and place the naan/rice wraps on the tray.
- Spread the hummus over the base.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices, and arrange over the hummus.
- Pull apart the mozzarella slices, and scatter evenly over the base.
- Season the pizza with salt and pepper and slide the pizza onto the top rack of your oven.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese bubbles and the crust is crispy around the edges (roughly 15 minutes).
- Thinly slice the basil leaves, and sprinkle over the pizza.
- Cut the pizza into slices, and top each slice with leafy greens. Bon appétit!